Thursday, November 30, 2017

Sew'n Wild Oaks Class Was In Session

Hello Everyone,
 
The classroom at In Between Stitches was covered in creativity on Tuesday.  My girls have been busy again over the past month.  Carol has been working hard on her applique project....
 

.....and her Spoken For blocks.

The Seasonal Hexie table topper was the project for my retreat this year. Just begin with a pretty center and bring in complimentary strips of color.





Same fabrics in a different order.


Kristi was busy sewing her blocks together.  The blue dot in the middle is tape.  The next time you see this, it will be gone.



Madeleine is making the same blocks for her quilt.


Laurie finished her Homemade Holidays table runner.  This was the 2016 retreat project.  She added some really cute embellishments.

 
I took a new picture of my table runner.  I was never happy with the one on the front cover of the pattern.  Getting good pictures can sometimes be tough.  My runner looks a little plain compared to Laurie's.  I love her presents under the tree and the little garland of stocking buttons across the top.
 

 
Patty just needs to add a face, and her Checkerberry pillow is a wrap.

 
Jeanne has a couple of more baskets finished for her For the Love of Baskets quilt.
 
 
It has been wonderful being home for more than two days in a row.  I've been able to work on my Christmas decorations, and fill my Etsy orders right here on the table in front of the fire.  I can see TV, and enjoy the cozy fire when I'm writing my personal notes on each order. My pattern business is a real cottage or "cabbage" industry.  In the morning, Mr. Joe takes all of the orders down to the post office.  Mazey gets in on the act too, because she knows a car ride is involved when she sees a stack of manila envelopes.  She loves to hang her head out of the window and sniff the air while her jowls flap in the breeze.  Many times that big nose of hers is met with the aroma of eau-du-skunk!
 
 
Over the next couple of days I'll post pictures of my decorations at the cabin.  It has been different and fun.

Soon,
Lynn

1 comment: