Wednesday, April 5, 2017

The Quilt Guild of Contra Costa County Show

Hello Everyone,
 
I scheduled a bit of down time for myself after the show last weekend.  It was an extremely busy show!  We met so many wonderful quilters while we were there.  The guild went out of their way to make us feel welcome.  We will definitely be back next year!
 
 

This is how we started Friday afternoon.  Lots of hauling and hanging.


This is how we finished early evening. The guild members had dinner for us at 5pm!  That doesn't happen very often, and it was greatly appreciated.


We had a wonderful location right at the entrance to the show.


 
I always use the same props for each show.  The props and quilts move around in different locations as the booth sizes change with each show, and as the spirit moves me.







All of the inventory and accounting is finished!  That is always a big job.  My sister Gail provides me with lists of what sold, charges, cash, checks, then I count the leftovers and do the final accounting in QuickBooks.  Everything is then put away and ready for the next show. 

My next booth is going to be at the Amador Valley Quilters show April 22 & 23rd.  For more information click HERE. They always put on a great show.  This year it is in a new location right in my own hometown of Livermore!  If I forget anything, it's just a hop, skip and jump across town.

Now I'm going to hop, skip and jump through my day.  Well, forget the jumping part.....we know what happens when we jump at our age!

Soon,
Lynn

 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like another terrific show, Lynn! Yes - leave the hopping and jumping to the Easter Bunny!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lynn. Sounds like you had a great show! Do you have any of the Heritage quilt kits still available? If so, are they the original fabrics? Please let me know, I'd love to purchase one.

    ReplyDelete