Thursday, December 1, 2016

Spoken For

Hello Everyone,
 
I've been working really hard this week on Spoken For, my newest pattern. You know I'm loving the plaid.
 


The fabrics were designed by Karen Styles from Marcus Fabrics and are called Elizabeth's Dowry.


All of the sixteen blocks are unique.



When I got back to this quilt on Tuesday, my design wall looked like this.

 
 Now it is starting to fill in.  I can get so much accomplished when I have days of uninterrupted quilting.  My only distraction is watching the birds in the bird feeder.  Then there was a herd of about ten deer gently walking through the snow.



Speaking of snow, it has now turned into Sierra Cement.  The temps have been down in the low 20's during the night, which turns our world into an ice cube.  It is worth your life to take a step outside.  I'm staying inside with my sewing machine running full speed ahead.

Speaking of cold and snow, I can now share a piece of news with you.  It's official......insert drum roll here.......I've been asked to teach on a 10-day Princess quilting cruise to Alaska in July of 2018!!  I will be teaching the four days when the ship is at sea.  The rest of the time, I get to have fun will all of the quilters at the ports of call and additional excursions.  I'll be posting more details as they become available. I do know the ship will be leaving out of San Francisco.  It will stop in Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway, Tracy Arm Fjord, and Victoria, British Columbia.  Start saving your money now, and get on board with me and make plans to quilt and cruise.  Mr. Joe has his bags backed and he's ready to go!  


"To the lover of wilderness, Alaska is one of the most wonderful countries in the world."  John Muir

Soon,
Lynn

 

10 comments:

  1. I love these blocks! And your teaching cruise sounds wonderful too. I lived in Alaska 40 years ago, and would love to visit there again ... someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spoken For is getting more and more beautiful each time you share it!! Many congratulations on your Quilt Cruise! I can hear the drum roll from my house!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful quilt blocks and a huge congrats on the quilting cruise. You will have a blast! We went on a quilting cruise to Alaska a few years back and loved it! There is a quilt shop or two in every port!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Spoken For is every bit as lovely as I thought it was going to be. That cruise sounds wonderful, perhaps I need to start saving my pocket money. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really think you need to go on the cruise with us Sue. Maybe we can spoke a Grizzly bear!

      Delete
    2. I meant "spot" a Grizzly bear!

      Delete
  5. Wow - Spoken For is looking so festive and pretty! I can see doing one in Christmas fabrics, too! Mr. Squash and I are there for the cruise! Sure hope Sue starts saving her pennies - she'll just love seeing those Grizzlies up close and personal!!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! Your new pattern is very interesting!
    A 2nd honeymoon for you and Mr Joe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lynn we are very excited that you will be teaching Spoken For at our store. We are also very excited that you will have the opportunity to teach on a cruise. What a great honor and such a deserving teacher. Maybe you will get a little time to relax after your class is over. ;-)

    ReplyDelete