Thursday, December 15, 2016

Let the machine quilting begin

Hello Everyone,
 
I have a hundred other things to do to get ready for Christmas.  But.....what am I doing?  I'm machine quilting Spoken For instead of what I should be doing.  My original plan was to load it on the machine, and just peck away at it when I had the time.
 

Instead, I spent the entire day machine quilting.  When you're on a roll, you don't want to stop.


I'm quilting a 3/4" band around the entire quilt which I think will act as a nice frame.

 
Then I'm filling the space on each side with a double row of feathers.  The good thing about the light border is the quilting really stands out.  The bad thing about the light borders is the quilting really stand out.....no room for any errors.  I can't wait to get it off the machine to see the whole quilt.  That is what motivates me to spends hours in the quilt room.


I'm doing a simple cross hatch around the blocks.  I'm also outlining the Dresdens.  I plan on leaving the background alone.  I'll see how it looks and make that decision later.  It is always easy to add in more quilting, and a real pain in the patoot to take it out!  I learned the hard way and once spent 8 hours removing an entire row of Baptist Fan stitching. 


Mazey got her first Christmas present for the season from quilter Doris. Doris doesn't have a computer, so this thank you picture is in the mail to her. 


It's going to be a stormy day here in California....a good day to quilt......or a good day to write Christmas cards by the fire.  Maybe I'll do both!

Soon,
Lynn 

6 comments:

  1. The quilt is beautiful! Mazey is a happy camper with a new toy....now she can't wait to stop posing for the pictures and go play!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again speechless. You are such an inspiration. Love Mazey. She is adorable. Are you sure you wouldn't want to offer your quilting services ? Blessings, Pam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can hardly wait to see 'Spoken For' fully quilted - I love what you have done thus far! And Mazey never fails to bring a smile to my face - she sure is a sweetie pie!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like what you're doing with the quilting. The cross hatching around the blocks is beautiful and really lets those Dresdens shine - they aren't overpowered. It's going to be beautiful. Hope you get some time by the fire.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful quilting and you were right - the large border was right - and add the showcase quilting with feathers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those feathers look gorgeous!! And the cross-hatch looks perfect on the sashing. And Mazey looks beautiful! Gorgeous tree too: looks so cozy and inviting. :-) Have a great weekend!! Hugs, H

    ReplyDelete