Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Sew'n Wild Oaks Class was in Session

Hello Everyone,
 
I've been so sporadic with posting lately that it is time I got back to normal beginning today!  Yesterday I had the pleasure of spending the day with "my girls".  Here is a peek at what they've been up to over the past few weeks.
 
Suzanne super-sized her Kim Diehl Walk in the Park quilt to fit a king size bed.
 


Pictures just don't do justice to this quilt.  It is gorgeous Suzanne.


Some more of the girls are working on their Walks in the Park.  It is an easy block to make.  The Kim Diehl fabrics all work so well together.



Fall was in the air in the classroom too with bits and pieces of Harvest of Hope.




More Fall pictures with October Magic bits and pieces.  Love the kitties in the windows.


A Grammy Squares quilt is coming together.  When we were talking about Y-seams, Susan started singing and dancing to the YMCA song.  The lyrics went something like.....Why Y-seams?  Susan keeps us all entertained and brings a spark of pure joy to the class.


Gail's Lil Orphan Scrappy is coming together nicely.  She always begins with a perfect, fussy cut center.


Here is another wonderful use of Kim Diehl's fabrics.  They all work so well together!

 
Just as the fabrics work well together, so do my Sew'n Wild Oaks girls.  They are filled with love, laughter, compassion, and positive energy.  This isn't really a class, it is a fill-your-soul with a shared experience of doing what you love to do with people you enjoy being with.  The day goes by too quickly and before you know it, 4 o'clock rolls around and we start packing up.  As always, thank you for the day of fun.

Speaking of fun,  I'm having a booth this weekend at the Piecemakers Quilt Show at the Dominican Center in the Mission San Jose area.  This show is just a hop, skip and jump from my home, so no overnighter for me.  I'll spend the next two days preparing for the show.......no quilting from me this week.  Come on by and say hi either Saturday or Sunday.  Gail will be there, my cousin Melody and my granddaughter will all be helping me during the show.  I have to start training them while they are young.  (Of course this doesn't apply to Gail and Melody....they are well past the training stage!)

Soon,
Lynn

4 comments:

  1. Love those Kim Diehl quilts: so warm and beautiful!! And Grammy Squares? Yumm!! And Gail, your blocks are looking wonderful! Lynn, have a great time at the quilt show: it's tempting to come down! :-) Hugs, H

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having had the pleasure of being in your class for a day, I know how special everyone is! I miss you all!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good everyone! I enjoy the posts each time you ladies meet! Kim Diehl quilts are neat and the fabrics are my colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooh, I want to be one of your girls - they are so productive and make such beautiful quilts. The commute might be a killer though...

    ReplyDelete