Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Patchwork Math at Alden Lane Nursery

 
Hello Everyone,
 
It's been a whirlwind of activity under the oaks at Sew'n Wild Oaks for the past week.  I finally sat down long enough to catch my breath and create a post.
 
Yesterday was a big day with a full group of eager students in my Patchwork Math class. My class culminated Quilting in the Garden 2015 at Alden Lane Nursery in Livermore, CA.
 


The girls were busy learning and creating all day long.  Here is just a sample of some of the components they created after they learned the formulas.
 I love teaching in this spacious classroom as much as the girls enjoyed learning.


It's bright and airy with lots of room to spread out all of their quilting essentials.



We ate our lunch in the greenhouse.  How unique and fun is that!


My right hand woman, Gail (in purple) helped me with the class.  When you have over 20 students, it's always helpful to have and extra person helping.

 



If you look closely at this picture, you will see that Alex Anderson was a student in my class!  If you told me a few years ago that Alex would be taking one of my classes, I wouldn't have believed you.


Alex used her new fabric line FLUTTER, which will be available from RJR Fabrics in January.  The line comes in several different colorways.  You can check out a glimpse of the line HERE.




Hailey, the nursery's dog joined us in the afternoon for our group picture, and isn't a bit camera shy.


It was a day happily spent in the company of new and old friends.  Any day quilting with a wonderful group is a great day!

Soon,
Lynn

4 comments:

  1. So many smiles!!!! But that is no surprise :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Lynn and I had a fun day with a group of talented and creative ladies! There were wonderful fabric choices that enhanced their beautiful blocks! Thanks to all for a very enjoyable day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a good day. It brings back memories too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is no end to the talent - with your help, Lynn ;>) What a fun day had by all!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete