Saturday, May 30, 2015

Valley Quilt Guild of Marysville and Yuba City

Hello Everyone,
 
I'm sorry I've been neglecting you readers, but I've haven't been neglecting quilters!  Gail and I were in the Sacramento valley on Wednesday and Thursday with the Valley Quilt Guild of Marysville and Yuba City.  They are a wonderful group of ladies and gentlemen!
 

 
The guild has a great space for their meeting, which was well attended Wednesday night.
 


I like to mingle with the quilters before and after the evening program.  I find that we have so much in common.


I love it when they share their quilting stories with Gail and me. 


This group was very interested in looking at my quilts and labels up close and personal.



We spent all day Thursday at the Sew So Shop in Yuba City where I held a Patchwork Math workshop.  The shop has a very spacious and comfortable classroom.

 

Gail circulates around the room with me to answer questions and provide assistance.


This group of eleven were extremely focused on making their components and learning the formulas to change the size.



I set my teaching area up in the corner.  The quilts over my should were striking!



Some of the girls put their blocks up on the design wall, while others keep their blocks at their workstations.  This group was on a mission to learn new techniques!





Toward the end of the class, one of the students said she felt empowered.  Wow, I liked hearing that a lot!  The group now knows how to make many different components to use in blocks, or in sashings or borders.  They learned out to dissect blocks, and they passed the final test at the end of the day with flying colors!  You made my job an easy one.

Many thanks to the Valley Quilt Guild for giving us two very pleasant days.

Soon,
Lynn

4 comments:

  1. Yes, we enjoyed our two day stay in Marysville/Yuba City so much! You are a very creative and talented group and picked up the concepts quickly in the classroom! Thank you for making us feel so welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the word they used...empowered! You must be thrilled when the class embraces your math. Yay for you and Gail!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Leslie...empowered says it all! Looks like the gals picked up the concept so very well. You and Gail must have had so much fun!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea! Plus you met Jim and Nicky, two of my favorite people! Still looking forward to August and November!

    ReplyDelete