Friday, October 31, 2014

The Quilters of Snowflake Lodge

Hello Everyone,
 
I've officially run out of adjectives to describe the last three days at my Sew'n Wild Oaks retreat at Snowflake Lodge.  In a nutshell, I wouldn't have changed a thing!  It was perfect, and the bar is set very high and will be hard to top next year. 
 
This group of ladies is responsible for bringing joy, and beauty to the world. Each and everyone of them is a treasure, and I feel so lucky to have them as friends.  The girls filled the room with laughter, fellowship, and exquisite quilting projects!  They are holding just a small representation of what they completed during the retreat.
 

Kathy is making Lisa Norton's Under the Oaks pattern.


Several of the girls were making baskets for Once Upon a Vine.


Patti was in mass production flying geese mode.  The real geese were with us everyday just outside the classroom area. 


Evelynne is adding to her pile of blocks for Summer's Blush.


Nancie was preparing lots of applique pieces.


Laurie's even blanket stitches were true perfection.



As soon as Melody finished her Harvest of Hope, she immediately started in on another project from a class that she took at In Between Stitches.



Here's another block from my Country Corners BOM program.


Martha made a ton of HST and had fun arranging and rearranging them.


What a difference it made to place the blocks on point.  We gathered around the design wall and discussed the colors of setting squares and setting triangles.  It was a great teaching moment.


More cute, little 6-1/2" baskets!  Three of the girls were working with kits that I put together for the pattern.  I love them!

 

Christmas was in the air with the Nostalgic Pillows and Quilt blocks.

 


 
Some of the shirts the girls wore were so funny.  It's hunting season here in the mountains.
 



Some of the girls took one last walk around the lake before lunch.
 


We said our goodbyes to Snowflake Lodge and each other.  Many new friendships were made over the past four days, and many happy memories were added to our lives. Thank you all, from the excellent staff at the Lodge who made our visit as perfect as it could be. To you, my Sew'n Wild Oaks girls.......you make this world a better place.
 


Soon,
Lynn

9 comments:

  1. What a beautiful tribute. I'm so glad you had such a memorable time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just Loverly...I've been stitching along with the girls...I just had distractions other than a beautiful lake, trees, Blue Jays and bear watching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had to say goodbye to this wonderful group of quilting friends at the retreat yesterday. It was a very special 3 days in a magical place in the mountains! Thanks to all of you who made it a fabulous experience! A special thank you to my sister for creating such a fantastic event! I'm already looking forward to next year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the T-Shirt that said "I quilt so I don't choke people." How true, how true. I need one of those shirts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had no doubts the retreat would be a roaring success, Lynn! Bet you were so sad to say your goodbyes!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have one adjective for myself...grateful. Grateful for the friendships, the tipsies from everyone, the inspiration and the laughter. Grateful for everything that Lynn did to make it all come together so smoothly! Thank you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks and sounds like you all had a wonderful time. I'm not jealous at all (she lied). Was the food all wonderful too?

    ReplyDelete