Monday, June 23, 2014

Preparing for TQS

Hello Everyone,
 
This is what I've been up to over the past couple of days.  I'm making blocks and "step-outs" for my taping of TQS (The Quilt Show).  One of my segments is on Country Charmer and how I select colors and use the corner trimming tool.
 

By the time I'm finished with my preparations, I'll have enough blocks ready to make another Country Charmer quilt to add to the three I already made!  I'm addicted to the blocks.


I prepared quite an extensive tutorial HERE, a tab at the top of my blog called Country Charmer Quilt Along.  It is a handy reference showing how I select fabrics and assemble the block.  I always start by placing my pieces on the Country Charmer block layout sheet. 


I have a portfolio of block layout sheets filled with fabrics to take with me to the show.  Now I just have to prepare my script.


I'm off to work today and I'll be teaching tomorrow at the shop, so this will be put aside until Wednesday when I can apply all of the finishing touches to this segment.  I hope you all have a creative week.  I know I'll be busy!

Soon,
Lynn

10 comments:

  1. Is there such a thing as too many Country Charmer Quilts? I think not! Love that little floral print in the red/blue block...just too cute! You will be awesome on TQS script or no script! You're just brilliant that way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really coming together Lynn. I hope you sleep easy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so love Country charmer. I especially love that red and blue block...wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's easy to see how these are addicting, Lynn! You won me over with the polka dots and plaid block! Amazing how much goes into preparing for the show! I have a feeling the internet will be abuzz after your appearance!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These blocks are addictive and SO fun to make ! I LOVE MY COUNTRY CHARMER !

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is certainly a lot of preparation to do for the show!! i really like this Country Charmer block! I guess I just added another quilt to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Country Charmer is just a beautiful, beautiful quilt and it truly was a quilt I throughly enjoyed making. I can't tell you how much I learned about accurate sewing when I made this quilt and it has helped me tremendously in my quilting journey. I've even considered making another one, but in a larger size for the queen sized bed (there are just so many darn quilts that I want to make ;o). I can't wait to see your segment!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The colours on these blocks really pop - really pretty too. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your blocks are all gorgeous Lynn, especially the one with the plaid right in the centre and the red stars on cream background.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Must be so exciting putting it all together for a TV segment. All the blocks look great and I still love my little Country Charmer table runner. Have fun and take care.

    ReplyDelete