Sunday, April 6, 2014

Madrigal Class is in Session

Hello Everyone,

Yesterday I had a fun day at Ladybug's quilt shop in Manteca with 10 incredible ladies making my Madrigal pattern.


First order of the day was making a couple of blocks to make sure everyone was comfortable with the process.



The classroom was filled with delicious fabrics!


I could have enjoyed myself shopping in all of the bins and totes that came into the room.




Sometimes it takes a few hands working together to get the job done!


After lunch, my signature flange that I incorporate in many of my quilts, started to appear on the design wall.

 
 
Then some applique started to show up.
 


We auditioned fabrics for borders and setting triangles.


I haven't seen a Madrigal quilt made with batiks, so I was very excited to see this one!




Thank you girls for being such a fun group.  Our day together flew by way too quickly and I look forward to seeing you again. 

This was the first time that I've taught at Ladybug's and the girls couldn't have made this experience any better.  They have a large classroom with all of the comforts of home.  The owners were very attentive to every need for the class and for me.  Well done ladies!

Soon,
Lynn

2 comments:

  1. I loved the choice of fabrics from the Manteca group! Well done, ladies! This is such a fun quilt to make, even though I did not add the applique section. I can tell they will all end up with beautiful quilt tops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! A perfect quilt to use Downton Abbey prints in! Madrigal is a perfect fit for them! I really hadn't paid attention to what a cool block that was before!
    Next time you're at Ladybug take some pictures of the shop so I can see what we missed since they're closed on Mondays!

    ReplyDelete