Sunday, March 23, 2014

Auburn Quilt Show

Hello Everyone,

It's only 8:07pm on a Saturday night.....and I'm in my jammies, sitting at the computer in a hotel room after a rewarding day at the Foothill Quilter's Guild Quilt Show in Auburn,

 
Thanks to the help of many hands, from the twins, to Mr. Joe, to my sister Gail, the booth came together beautifully.
 



How about the buggy?  A last minute addition since it fit into the car...AND I could display another quilt on the handle.


I could have made a fortune selling my lanterns!  Forget the quilts, ladies wanted to buy the lanterns!


 
We got so many wonderful compliments throughout the whole day.  Ladies just wanted to pull up an easy chair and sit in my booth!






Lucky me, the ladder didn't fall down!  The zip ties, bailing wire, and bubble gum held tight.



 
The best part of having a booth at a quilt show is meeting and chatting with the customers and fellow bloggers.  Sue, from Cozy Little Quilts lives just down the road from Auburn and we were able to meet for the first time today.  We had an immediate bond.  I knew her instantly, and I'd felt as though I'd known her forever! I tell you, quilter's are THE BEST!  Sue, I hope we can get together again soon and I wished we lived closer to one another.  We could get into so much quilty trouble I mean fun together!

 
Another day of meeting customers, and then it will be time to take the whole booth down until the next show.  I appreciate each and every one of you who came to my booth today.  I can't express how much you mean to me and how thankful I am for my quilting friends, both old and new.
 
Soon,
Lynn


22 comments:

  1. Your booth is wonderful! You have a super support staff - they did a great job. I would have loved to have been there. And, yes I would like two lanterns and one buggy. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the booth......hope you made tons of money....and by the way where did you get the lanterns....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynn, i am so happy for you! You business is going great and your booth is very inviting! I would have been one to pull up a chair and stay. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks as cozy as can be! Buttonwood is leaping off the screen at me saying "Me Next! Me Next!". I would love to catch up with Sue one of these days too, hers is one of the first blogs I ever read, and being able to see her weather widget has always made me feel a little closer to my daughter. I hope you squeezed her tight enough for both of us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your booth looks amazing! Hope you had lots of sales! I want the lanterns too, and the buggy (so cute!), but I really want all of your quilts! They are all beautiful and your booth is just so warm and inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - how wonderful your booth looks, Lynn! You gals and girls and Mr. Joe did an outstanding job! I wouldn't have just sat down - I would have chained myself to all your beautiful quilts and never left :>) How fun to be able to meet Sue! I sure hope she can come down to Alden Lane later this summer!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The booth would just draw you in! Love the buggy :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. My goodness ! Wonderful showcase of your beautiful quilts. It all looks so inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything looks wonderful - yes, very inviting to come sit down and spend some time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved seeing all the quilts in your booth and meeting you and your sister. You both inspire me! Thank you for autographing the book.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous quilts and a great-looking booth Lynn - I bet you are very pleased and very proud - you should be!
    Love
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your booth looks fabulous!! A Quilters paradise.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your booth is very inviting , beautifully decorated , love the buggy ! Sure would love to be there to experience this in person :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fabulous welcoming booth! You would never get me out of there if I was lucky enough to get there! Your quilts are all so stunning...I'm sure you'll do very well with your sales!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely quilts and your booth is fantastic! I can imagine you had plenty of customers just loving your display.

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW! I must be so rewarding to see all of your creative talents in one spot like this - just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely booth! Wish I could have made it to the show. Maybe next year. I'm looking forward to meeting you when you speak at our guild in Paradise. Please bring you lanterns when you come! lol

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your booth looks so warm and welcoming. So many beautiful quilts to see.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yes, quilters are the best, as you say, especially when they are called Sue!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful set up and such great support you have. I would've wanted to pull up a chair as well!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I would have been one of those lady's that wanted to just sit in your booth all day and let those beautiful quilts take me away....gorgeous....lovely....I wished I lived closer to visit......

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lynn is was SO nice to finally meet you and your sister Gail is such a sweetheart ! It was like we had known each other for years . Your booth was so inviting and it was really nice to see all of your quilts in person . I am really glad I was able to purchase your Patchwork Math Using Quilting Design components book and to have it autographed by you makes it even more special :-D I knew your booth with be a hit . Once everyone saw all of your Amazing quilts your patterns flew off the shelf. I am so happy for you. Looking forward to getting together soon

    ReplyDelete