Sunday, September 29, 2013

Quilting in the Garden 2013

Hello Everyone,
 
Another full day for us here in Sew'n Wild Oaks Country.  Quilt Sue and I were up at the crack of dawn and started getting ready for our day at Quilting in the Garden.
 

Sue had her PICK FOUR book signing today in her booth right next to the In Between Stitches booth.


Words cannot describe the beauty of the quilts suspended from the old oak trees, so I'm not going to stop talking, and just let you scroll through the pictures.











Sandy Klop was the featured artist this year, and some of the quilts in the collage were made by Sandy.  She displayed 100, yes 100 of her quilts!  Can you spot the Country Charmer and Buttonwood made by my friend Barbara in the collage?

 
 Susan Else was another featured artist.  Her fabric sculptures were incredible.

 
Today we are headed back to the quilt show for another look-see, then we are off to the car show in downtown Livermore.  Blocks of the downtown area are closed to traffic to make room for over 700 cars dating prior to 1974.  Quilt Sue will be living the American Graffiti movie today.  Poodle skirts and saddle shoes anyone?  (We had to explain to her what a poodle skirt and saddle shoes look like.)  More fun is on the agenda for us today.  News of our day will be posted tomorrow. 
 
Soon,
Lynn

10 comments:

  1. Hoping you won't get the wind and rain we are getting up here in Redding. I hate working in this weather, but I will bundle up and get out the rain gear and galoshes and be off here in a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, I spotted the Country Charmer quilt right away! The quilts are stunning flying in the breeze with the backdrop of green trees and blue skies! Has Quilt Sue taken out American citizenship yet? I know you are having so much fun she will not want to leave! And after an afternoon of cars and poodle skirts, she may be hooked! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, what fantastic quilts to see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks likes such a happy place. Wish I was there to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am speechless - what a fantastic display! I can't wait for next year so I can see it in person! Sue's booth is stunning - and I sure did spot your two quilts in the collage, Lynn! I''m dying to see you two in your poodle skirts - maybe Gail, too? and Mr. Joe dressed up like the Fonz! Enjoy the day!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a show. I'm surprised no one is climbing the trees to get closer looks. Hello to Sue:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely wonderful and wish I'd been there. The car show should also be quite interesting, though we are more into old British cars.(we have a Morris Minor ute), but I even know of Poodle Skirts as I was a teenager in the 60's. Have fun both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I could have been there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Lynn...I feel like I was there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wish I coud have seen all of these wonderful quilts. Greetings from the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg

    ReplyDelete