Sunday, February 17, 2013

Butterscotch Baskets is Quilted

Hello Everyone,
 
I can finally end my self-imposed machine quilting isolation and return to normal life.  Butterscotch Baskets is off the quilting machine and ready for binding.  I'm ready to return to the land of the living and Mr Joe is glad to have me back so he doesn't have to do the cooking.
 







There are several things I thought about while spending hours at the quilting machine:

#1 - It is always good to make a quilt that matches my dog's hair.  Zinnie's long golden hairs look like matching threads when you quilt over them.

#2 - Resist the urge to make a quilt larger just so it isn't square.  This really hit home when I reached row 8.

#3 - Don't put blocks on point that are larger than my quilting throat space.  There's lots of rolling the quilt back and forth and back and forth and back and forth.

#4 - Look at pictures FIRST before you take the quilt off the machine and find there is one tiny little section that was missed!

I'm going to enjoy my day and it's not going to include any Butterscotch or Baskets for that matter.  I will now finally have time to respond to some of your emails that were put aside for a few days.....I just have to find them!

Soon,
Lynn

P.S. Several of you asked if I mark my quilt and what do I use for marking.  The only area I marked on this quilt were little tick marks for the crosshatching around the baskets with a Sewline ceramic pen.  I used an acrylic template for the oval in the corners.  The majority of the quilt is all free-motion swirls, whirlygigs and feathers.  I used Dream Wool batting.

25 comments:

  1. Wow....this is one is a beauty.....can't wait to see it in person.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely Gorgeous ! A real labor of LOVE :-D Enjoy your day !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, fabulous! I love the scrappiness of this quilt, contained with all the butterscotch fabric. Another winner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt and quilting is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woohoo!!!!! Nice job. I really love the effect around the baskets - that back is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just amazing! I love it! You are so talented!

    Cheery wave!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhhh! What a great feeling of accomplishment you must be having today! Turned out so beautifully - congrats! And I can't wait to see what's next! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Lynn, it is absolutely gorgeous!! I will refer back to this one several times!!! You inspire me!!

    Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your quilting is amazing, and so gorgeous. I can't imagine ever quilting something that beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Its is one of the most beautiful quilts I have seen. It is up there to a 10. The design and colors are amazing. You should be so proud of your accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Its is one of the most beautiful quilts I have seen. It is up there to a 10. The design and colors are amazing. You should be so proud of your accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just beautiful Lynn...amazing work.
    When I grow up I want to be able to quilt like you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW!! You did a beautiful job. It was fun watching this quilt grow.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful....you do incredible work!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Welcome back!

    That is just jaw-droppingly awesome. I love it. I also enjoyed your "thoughts from a LA quilter" bit.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is just gorgeous - totally worth the effort (see how easy it was for ME to say that!?).

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh My Goodness!! How lovely is this??!!

    Fabulous.
    Fabulous.
    Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! Your quilt is just gorgeous! You do incredible work and I love feathers and heavy quilting! Truly worth the time you put into it! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the design and your quilting is stunning! A marriage made in heaven for sure!

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just came from Candace's blog. That is a truly amazing quilt design and your quilting makes it sing even more beautifully. I met Candace and the mister last year and both are really wonderful people.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous, I love when pattern samples are beautifully quilted.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your butterscotch basket quilt..quilting is wonderful. Is there a pattern for this quilt?

    ReplyDelete