Friday, September 14, 2012

The Last Stitch

Hello Everyone,

I took the last stitch in the last hanging sleeve about 9pm last night.  I'm almost ready to load up the car and head northeast to Georgetown, California with my sister Gail.  You know Gail, my PTD (pattern test dummy) on our very own road trip.


As the boxes containing my quilts arrived from all points east, I'd add them to the top of the pile.  This old cradle is laboring under the weight of 14 quilts for the show and 2 quilts that will be my tablecloths.

This has been quite a journey, preparing for my first "show"......my first opportunity to be a featured artist.  I'm so appreciative to the Needle Nellies in Georgetown for inviting me.  I won't let you down!

I'll have tons of pictures of every aspect of the show so all of you can be a virtual attendee on Monday.....maybe Sunday if I'm not in a comatose state.

Many thanks go to all of you too, my blog readers, friends, family, customers, boss Lady Melissa and Mr. Joe, for your continued support and advice.  I couldn't have done it without all of your emails, comments and good wishes. You're the best!

Soon,

Lynn 


14 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you, Lynn. I can hardly wait to 'hear' all about it. Have fun and enjoy your moment(s) in the spotlight. You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, so excited for you and cannot wait for some photos of your huge moment. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooh - so exciting! I'll be anxious to see more about your amazing adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you are already to go ! You SO deserve this Lynn. You are a very talented quilt designer and quilter & I am very happy for you .. This is just the beginning for you..... . I was going to try to attend the Georgetown show and surprise you but I will be at my daughters this weekend for her birthday . Have a wonderful time this weekend and I will be looking forward to seeing pictures Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't WAIT to see pics and hear! They are so lucky! Have fun!

    Cheery wave from Bev

    ReplyDelete
  6. So proud of you...they are a very lucky group to be hosting you! Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds exciting! Just today, I saw of two of your quits "for real" in the booth of The Christmas Shoppe at a show in PA. The quilts were Country Charmer and an applique quilt that looked like was maybe a BOM. And they had some of your other designs in patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So you are going to a show as a vendor to sell your patterns? Sounds like you are ready! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lynn, how wonderful, good luck. Wish I could be there in person to support you on this wonderful creative adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have fun , and we'll look forward to hearing all about it afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, you are going to knock them dead!!! Can't wait to see the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am just so excited for you!! You ARE the most talented and so many have benefitted from your knowledge -- not to mention your genuine care and kindness. Safe journeys -- and please, please -- post lots of photos so that we can attend the show "virtually" through you!! Blessings, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  13. Look out Thelma and Louise! You and Gail will have a great time, I'm sure! Can't wait to hear all about it, Lynn!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WELL.....We, Needle Nellies, were just so excited to have Lynn and her sister, Gail join us at our Georgetown Outdoor Quilt Show. Her presentation of all her beautiful quilts and other "goodies" was such a treat.

    ReplyDelete