Thursday, September 27, 2012

Nine Little Pumpkins Sitting on a Gate.......

Hello Everyone,

When I was at the Georgetown quilt show, I sold all of the stands that Mr. Joe made made out of a wine stave and dowels that hold my Mittens with Moxie.  The stands sold out very quickly.  Needle Nellie Lynda bought one of the stands and sent me a picture of her creation the day after the show!

These pumpkins made me smile.  They are just so darn cute!  As my friend Lisa would say, they aren't just cute, they are 'stinkin' cute'. Now, you know I'm a dog person, but I love the kitty pumpkin.


A couple of days later, Lynda sent me a picture of her mittens.  She had some log cabin blocks left over from a project and put them to good use by making mittens.


There were so many ladies gathered around the mitten table coming up with ideas and uses for the stand.  One lady suggested making decorated garden gloves for a summer display.  I want to decorate mine with hearts at Valentine's Day. Some other ideas were Santa hats, snowmen, and bells for Christmas.  Witch hats, candy corn and, ghosts for Halloween.

When Mr. Joe has some free time, he's going to make more stands and they will be down at the shop for sale.  It will be a fun decoration for any time of the year on a long table or a fireplace mantel.

I've started a new pattern and I'll show pictures of my progress tomorrow.  This is going to be a looooonnnnnngggggg project.  I've always wanted to design and make a medallion quilt.  The time has arrived. 

Get those creative juices flowing today and send me some more ideas that I can make and use on the stave holder.  Thank you so much Lynda for sending me pictures of your darling or "stinkin' cute" creations.  I welcome pictures and love to see everyones creativity.

Soon,

Lynn

3 comments:

  1. Goodmorning!
    Scarecrows & Pumpkins & Corn & Crows!
    Moosies & Deersies & Bearsies!
    Oh My!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many great ideas! I'm going for Sunflowers! You and Mr. Joe have really started something here, Lynn! Wow - a Medallion quilt - I just cannot wait to see what you do with it!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pumpkins are so cute; they have a nice primitive look. Some Christmas trees with fairy lights in between would look cute. I agree that your collaboration is a success.

    ReplyDelete