Thursday, December 1, 2011

Double Dutch Anyone?

Hello Everyone,

Well I've finally decided on a whole Dutch theme for my Winterset pattern.  Now I think I need some tulips around the windmill.  I even put a flange in the windmill to try to add some depth.


I've been moving flowers around.....they are the only things that are nailed down yet.


I'm going to have lots of space for some custom machine quilting.  I can visualize it now.  I'll think more about borders once the yardage arrives at the shop.


In honor of windmills, Mr. Joe brought this home from the bakery yesterday.  Yum!


This post is brief as I'm trying to get it completed before we loose power and our Internet connection again in this monster of a wind storm.  It has been scary listening to things going bump in the night.  When daylight comes, we'll be able to access any damage and then we get to watch the pine trees sway much farther than they should without snapping.....let's hope.

As always,

Lynn




9 comments:

  1. Looks really pretty... love the fabrics and your pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it.....love it.....love it.....can't wait to
    see the tulips.

    The power has been out here since 4:30.
    The wind is pretty scary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like your pattern. But here in Holland there are no tulips in winter...
    We love to skate in the winter, when it starts freezing we get some kind of fever. So it would be very dutch to do something with skates in your quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, very cute pattern. And the pastry is not bad looking either :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lynn, you have such wonderful vision, another show stopper!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh Lynn, this is fantastic! Reminds me of the great Dutch restaurant in one of my fav Washington towns, Lynden! I can't wait to see it quilted! And isn't Mr. Joe just wonderful - wish I could jump into the monitor and take a bite! Good luck with the wind - we definitely know the feeling around here!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's very origianl. I love the colors (and the pastry.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. As always, absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is going to be such a pretty quilt. Can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete