Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Just A Hint Of Winterset

Hello Everyone,

Just a quick peak at the center section. What I draw and what actually makes it to the final design is a dynamic work in progress. I doubt that this center section will be completed by Sunday for the Preview Party. I have to stop changing my mind!



I've been experimenting by cutting petals out of the individual flowers in the fabric.  The left-hand look good, but I lost my way after that. 



I told you there would be a blue flange around the oval.  Luckily for me, I had this white and blue paisley in my stash that matched the rest of the fabric in the Blueberry Crumb Cake line.  The center oval is a great polka dot from Lakehouse.  I had just a fat quarter of this, so accurate cutting was essential when I cut out the oval.  Then there was the issue of finding a spool of absolute white thread in my cabin sewing supplies for the top stitching.  Do I drive 45 minutes one-way to the nearest quilt shop, or do I use an off-white that may work?  I ended up using what I had and was pleased with the off-white.  No one will notice unless you readers squeal and spill the beans!



I've been making and moving flowers around for a day.  The only component that I know is going to remain is my signature flange.  Decisions, decisions........


As always,

Lynn

3 comments:

  1. Ok love the flange.....I really like the big flower it looks like a sunflower...the way the fabric is cut. Looking good .....can't wait to see the whole picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah - the only beans spilled around here are from my soup on the stove, Lynn ;>) I love what you've done so far - so rich and gorgeous! If only I could be at the preview party!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am working on the various types of dogs beds. i found various beds for dogs even with pillows dogs beds, heated dogs beds, oval etc and some of them are huge dog beds for the large dogs so that they can easily adjust in their places.

    ReplyDelete