Friday, October 14, 2011

Pacific International Quilt Festival

Hello Everyone,

My friend Yvonne and I were among the thousands lined up at 10am sharp, waiting for the doors to open at Pacific International Quilt Festival.  If awards were given for the best, most inviting booth, In Between Stitches would win the prize.


Leslie made a fireplace mantel out of cardboard from bolts of fabric and egg cartons.  Look at the cute stocking hanging by the chimney with care.


Gee, I don't think you've seen this quilt before!



I walked through the show twice to see the 150 vendors and the hundreds of quilts. By 5pm, all I wanted to do was curl up in this little bed covered with a new design by Bunny Hill.


Now to some of the quilts.  There were hundreds of quilts and I took pictures of only a few.  The quilts entered in this show go above and beyond creativity.  The pictures just can't do justice to their beauty from the design to the machine quilting to all the 'bling'.  Many of the quilts were painstakingly embellished to the max.  Bling is not my thing, but I appreciate the time involved.





This is a quilt....really.  Just incredible.





I felt as though I was in an art gallery.  The use of textiles in every way, shape and form was mind boggling.





I'll post more pictures tomorrow for another mini show. 

Now that all of my deadlines have been met, today is my play day!  I'm sew inspired.

As always,

Lynn

8 comments:

  1. Booth looks amazing!! I love seeing all of your quilts hanging. Gorgeous! Your patterns must be flying off the shelves! The quilts at the show are beautiful. The quilting...phenomenal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am seriously nearly speechless at the detail of some of these quilts. I am a traditional-block-and-color kind of quilty gal for my own tastes, but I am amazed at the time and creativity of these quilts.

    Blogger will not let me leave a message for some reason unless I am anonymous. Strange. Oh well, it's just me, B-Z-Quiltin at Cobblestone Quilting.

    http://cobblestonequilting.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be going to PIQF tomorrow - thanks for the sneak peak.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all of the pictures ! Amazing quilts ! Your booth is wonderful with your quilts ! I am sure your patterns & kits were selling like Hot cakes !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful quilts! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The shop's booth looked great, and how imaginative to make a fireplace like that. Your quilts look fantastic hanging there. I bet they sell a lot of the kits and patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG - my lips would have been hanging down to my knees from all the ohhhing and ahhhing had I been there, Lynn! Gorgeous works of art - and how fantastic to see all your incredible work displayed so beautifully!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All so amazing but I really love the Christmas stockings. Georgeous! Have fun at the show.

    ReplyDelete