Friday, September 23, 2011

Quilts and Cars

Hello Everyone,

Country Charm just came off the quilting machine yesterday.  I'll take a picture of the whole quilt after the hanging sleeve goes on and the binding is finished.....next week.  Mr. Joe thinks I should rename this one to Country Charmer.....I might do it!


Lots of one-inch crosshatching on this one!  Now to finishing up the directions for the pattern....my least favorite thing to do!


In addition to woodworking, Mr. Joe likes to tinker on old cars.  To make a long story very short, he spent six years restoring Miss Vicky,  a 1956 Ford Crown Victoria.  This is a fun ride that we've driven all over California....no power steering and no air conditioning.  A couple of years ago, our car club was asked to attend an event during Fleet Week in San Francisco, and we were lucky to get this picture in front of the Blue Angels.....what a day!


This Sunday is the BIG Altamont Cruisers Car Show in downtown Livermore and Miss Vicky will be there.  So while you ladies are at the quilt show, drop the menfolk off at the car show and you will be good to go for hours and hours.  In Between Stitches will be open in downtown so you can visit Alden Lane Nursery for Quilting in the Garden, come back to the shop, and then tour the car show.  Something for everyone!

As always,

Lynn

9 comments:

  1. Oh what fun, I would love to spend a pleasant fall day looking at quilts, and vintage cars. Oh well, hope you enjoy them enough for both of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was one of my favorite years with Fords, Don't tell my husband as he is totally a Chevy kind of guy! Love Miss Vicki's color too! Beautiful car!
    Your quilt again is so beautiful! You sure can see the hours of quilting you put into this beauty! I hope to see it hanging soon at the shop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous quilt!! I love how you've quilted it! You are such a talented machine quilter, Lynn!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh!!! Your quilt is just so beautiful and charming!! I just love it and can't wait to see the final picture. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will become a pattern soon! (I'm drooling over this one!)

    P.S. Miss Vicky is totally gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Your quilt is just amazing ! LOVE IT !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Country Charmers is just GORGEOUS and so is Miss Vicky. I wish I could be there for the weekend, it sounds like it'd be great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! Your quilts are always so beautiful!
    Such a talented lady and you do the quilting too.
    Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Lynn,

    Ooh I love your quilting and your hubby's car is pretty special too. Enjoy your weekend,sounds like lots of fun for everyone.
    Happy days.
    Bev.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - what a fantastic quilting job, Lynn! I just love how the printed fabrics pop!!! And Miss Vicky is incredible! She should be the mascot for the Blue Angels!!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete