Thursday, September 15, 2011

More Minglwood Blocks

Hello Everyone,

I'm going to spend my day doing some power sewing on the Minglewood Quilt. Here is another Christmas Star block. I've always wanted to make a pink and brown quilt, as I love that color combination.


The last block in the book is Aunt Dinah.  What a difference it makes to change the colors around.  Same block different placement.


The floor in the 'great room' isn't great enough for this quilt! The final size will be 101" x 101".  The black borders still need to be added. I'm just in the playing around stage with block placement.  I'll study this picture and the actual blocks on the floor before I decide on the final arrangement.  Pictures can show you so much more and errors tend to pop out with ease. Only five more blocks to make!  I decided in the very beginning that I wasn't going to include the center applique in my quilt.....and you know how much I love applique. 



When this quilt is finished, it will go on one of the beds at the cabin.  The little kids like to play trampoline on the log beds, so I thought it best not to include any applique.  (I don't want to spoil their fun!)

I'm off to do some uninterrupted power sewing on sashings and nine patch blocks.  Boring.....but they aren't going to get finished just by thinking about them!


I hope you all have a very enjoyable, quiltingly wonderful day.

As always,

Lynn

2 comments:

  1. Gosh - and here I was sure the power of thought would make those quilt blocks - lol! I do wish that sometime, Lynn! Love how these turned out - even with the variety of fabrics, they all seem to blend like they belong!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is really amazing isn't it, how different those 2 blocks look. I had to look quite closely to be sure they really were the same one!

    ReplyDelete