Saturday, September 17, 2011

Minglewood Quilt

Hello Everyone,

Yesterday, I chained myself to my Bernina and finished 84 sashing sections, 49 nine-patch blocks, 3 new blocks........and a partridge in a pear tree!  Yes, I am going a bit bonkers trying to get this quilt finished.

I'm making four blocks out of the leftover fabric to fill in the appliqued area.  This block is called Coronation and I love the way it turned out about 10 o'clock last night.  I'm using up every little scrap of fabric I can find.  I have to cobble one more together....that could be challenging as I only have tiny pieces left.


For whatever reason, (I'm not sure why), I skipped making an additional Broken Star block.


I also had to make another Mosaic Variation.  Now, I'm down to the final two blocks.


I'm renaming this to quiltus gigantus.  I have to pull out my kitchen step stool to get a picture of this mammoth quilt!  Zinnie has been tip toeing around this quilt all week and she hasn't run off with a block in her mouth yet!  She zipped across it only once when she ran to the window to check out the five deer walking through HER yard.


I ordered Baptist Fan groovy boards for my Handi Quilter.  I've never used groovy boards before, but I think an elegant all-over design is just what this quilt needs.  I'll have to practice first to see how it goes before I start in on this big boy!

Have a wonderful Saturday everyone.  It is time to chain myself to the Bernina again and get this quilt together.

As always,

Lynn


7 comments:

  1. It just keeps getting better and better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is truly a beautiful quilt, so inspiring. I'm new to quilting and can live vicariously through your gorgeous work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's looking amazing! I couldn't see it together till now. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow..Amazing Lynn...love the first block!
    It's going to be a stunning quilt.
    Julia ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is amazing. How big will it be when it's finished? I agree, an allover pattern is the way to go on this, anything too intricate will just get lost.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the blocks and the colors look wonderful. You must feel great having put it together. Now for the quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hee - it sounds like Zinnie is providing a little entertainment at least! The quilt is absolutely gorgeous, Lynn! I can't wait to hear how you like the groovy boards, too - they are tempting!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete