Friday, September 9, 2011

Machine Quilting Day #2

Hello Everyone,

My plans for quilting all day yesterday disappeared before my eyes.  I only managed to get a couple hours of quilting in throughout the day.  Lots of detail to quilt around on this block......

.....and this block.  Last March, I purchased the micro handlebars for my Handi Quilter and it does make my life easier when it comes to quilting around applique.

I also finished a few more 9-patches and sashings for the Minglewood quilt.  This quilt is gong to have to move to the floor since it extends beyond the design wall. I'm just in the beginning layout stage since I have three more blocks to make and put them into the mix.  Zinnie loves to have quilts on the floor so she can tippee toe around them.  So far, she hasn't run off with a block in her mouth!

Tomorrow is the Christmas Quilt Along.  Head over to Sue's in the morning and see what she has planned for the day.  Also check out what quilters around the globe are working on for Christmas.

Happy Friday to all.  I plan on quilting. How about you?

As always,

Lynn

5 comments:

  1. Your quilting is gorgeous! Do you have a Handi-Quilter machine? I keep hearing their commercials when I listen to the APQ podcast, but, alas, no room here for a quilting machine. Maybe when my daughter leaves home I can convert her bedroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilting....I just love freehand work too...the time just flies by! My dogs sleep under my Gammill table! They love the warmth of the rolls of batting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What gorgeous quilting and beautiful blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful quilting! No wonder it is taking you a while to do that. But it looks like it is so worth it!

    ReplyDelete