Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Country Charm Machine Quilting

Hello Everyone,

Remember this quilt that I haven't been working on?  I finally made the backing and put this quilt on the quilting machine yesterday.  I've had this quilt marked with blue, water soluble pen for the last month. I just couldn't bring myself to quilt it.  I wasn't happy with my decision, so I removed all of the blue markings and started over with a clean slate.  The 'clean slate' was refreshing and let me explore new quilting ideas.  The crosshatching is just what the quilting doctor ordered to frame this block.


Once I changed my mind, I dove right in and love the results.  Let me tell you, it takes longer to remove markings than it takes to put them there in the first place!  The micro-stippling is going to drive me crazy, but as usual, I tend to make lots of work for myself.  I found that I can sit on a tall stool while stippling which helps to alleviate back pain.  The stool is an old one that my dad used in his workshop for years.  Now it's getting a new life in my workshop/sweatshop and is just the perfect height.



In my absence over the past couple of days, I've been binding Party in the Garden.  I just have to make the label, and this quilt is ready for Quilting in the Garden this weekend!  For those of you lucky enough to attend the show, don't forget to stop by the In Between Stitches booth and check out all of the quilting goodies we've been preparing. 

I'll be at my quilting machine for the next few days.  It takes me 45 minutes per block - times 20 blocks, plus borders.....you do the math!  But it will be worth every stitch.

As always,

Lynn

12 comments:

  1. Your quilting is making this quilt soar to greater heights!! Well done!
    Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just perfect! The new quilting design couldn't be more beautiful. It really makes the block stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow Lynn, your qyuktubg us hyst beautiful! Have fun this weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quiltings is amazing!! I love how you do it. And the colors you use are always spectacular. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see the finished quilt! The cross-hatching looks terrific -- great idea! I know what you mean about stippling -- it's a lot of work! Wish I could come to Quilting in the Garden. . . it always looks like such fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a lot of work, but I love how the micro stipple makes the stars stand out. Absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Lynn, not only are you a beautiful applique and piecing artist, but a "quilting" artist as well. Thank you for sharing your beautiful creations. I'm awed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! Love the quilting. FANTASTIC JOB! FIRST PLACE BLUE RIBBON FOR SURE...
    Quiltingly Yours, Crissie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whoops! On your antique shopping you should look around for one of those old piano stools, when you turn the set it goes up or down. We use to play with my grandmothers and always had so much fun. Great memories... I think it would work with your quilting machine too...up or down round and round. ;O)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! Found your quilt on Pinterest. Love the quilting! ooxx`jodi

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just beautiful. I love the pattern. Is it yours or can I buy it somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bonnie,
      It makes me so happy that you like my pattern! Here is a link to In Between Stitches where you can purchase one. Thank you so much for commenting.
      Take care,
      Lynn

      Delete