Monday, August 1, 2011

Step Into My Garden......

Hello Everyone,

Step through the arbor and enter my little Party in the Garden.  I'm down to the last couple of blocks and then it is time to start working on the tiny little baskets in the borders for this quilt.

It is fun to see the difference between version #1 and version #2 in the pictures.



I find it so satisfying and relaxing to work on an applique project.  I just sit at the kitchen table and feel part of all the action in the household, instead of sequestering myself away in my sewing room.  (Not that there is tons of action in the home of two retired people....unless you consider the dog chasing her tail riveting action!) In the evening, I just stitch to my hearts content and watch programs that we've recorded on the DVR.  There's no up and down from the sewing machine to the ironing board, to the cutting table.  But, I do need to remind myself to get up and move around occasionally.

I just had a horrible thought, I have two daughters-in-law and one daughter.  Does that mean I have to make this quilt AGAIN so they can each have one??? 

On that note, I'm off to work at the shop today.  I've been eyeing the new GRACE line of Christmas fabric from Moda.  Some yardage just may follow me home.

As always,

Lynn

5 comments:

  1. What a great job you have done on these !!! I do love applique too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both versions are lovely but I have a special fondness for the coloring in the second one. Still cannot leave a comment on any blog on which the comment section does not pop up in a second page, using my Google acct, so had to list my blog below, email is melrosemiss@aol.com. I am hoping to order your Madrigal this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure love your garden - you don't have to weed it - lol! Hee - I think you've dug your hole on making two of them now,too! I agree with just sitting and stitching - you can still be productive yet part of the action!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it amazing how different they look. At first you wouldn't even think they were the same block.

    ReplyDelete