Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Finally Back

Hello Everyone,

I worked an extra day at the shop this week, so instead of quilting for myself, I was helping others select fabric for their own quilts.  Selecting fabric for quilts is one of my favorite things to do.  Whether it is my quilt or a quilt that someone else is making.......it is still so much fun to find the perfect fabrics that sing together.

I've been busy working, but that doesn't mean I've been too busy to stop eating!  I prepared this recipe the other night that was just too good not to share with all of you. 


Smokehouse Burgers

4 slices Texas toast
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 large portobello mushroom, sliced
1/4 cup sliced green onions
1 tablespoon minced garlic
Seasoned pepper
4 - ground round hamburger patties
shredded Cheddar cheese
lettuce leaves
1 medium tomato
1/4 cup barbecue sauce (I used Sweet Baby Rays)

-Toast the bread slices and keep warm.  We heated them on the grill.

-Heat the olive oil in a large pan and saute the mushrooms along with the green onions and garlic for a minute or two.

-Sprinkle the hamburger patties generously with seasoned pepper and grill the patties to your desired doneness.  (Is that a real word?)

-Put a cooked hamburger on a piece of Texas toast, pour on a little barbecue sauce, sprinkle with mushrooms, onions, lettuce, a little cheese, and put a slice of tomato on the side.  Add an ear of corn on the cob and you have a great summer meal.

On a personal note, those of you that have been following my blog for awhile know that I had surgery last November for bladder cancer.  Yesterday was the day for my 3-month scan, and I'm pleased as punch to say that all is well and I don't have to see the urologist for 6 months!  Now I can breathe a little easier, life is a little sweeter, and I look forward to enjoying every single day more than the day before.

Enjoy your day everyone, I know I will be enjoying mine!

As always,

Lynn


6 comments:

  1. Such wonderful news on the health front. What fun to be working at a quilting store. Hope you have a wonderful day. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo, that's wonderful news for you. I'm so glad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum, Yum! I'm hungry now!

    Glad to hear your good news!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is WONDERFUL news!! I'm so happy for you!! Now let's dig into these burgers!!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lynn, enjoy that great news. We all need the good news in our lives. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lynn,
    Congrats.....on the clean bill of health.
    I'm going to try the burgers.... they sound wonderful.

    ReplyDelete