Wednesday, September 1, 2010

More Quilts Inside.....of Me

Hello Everyone,

I was looking through pictures on our computer and found this one that we took in Pennsylvania's Amish country. I got to thinking about this sign and how it applies to my life. I have so many quilts inside my little brain that are so anxious to emerge and become real.



I'm going to have to put my quilting aside for a few days...I hope not weeks...as time and age caught up with me and I'll be going into the hospital tomorrow for surgery. Nothing too serious. What is quite routine to doctors is major to me however. The last time I was in the hospital was 31 years ago when our daughter was born. I was able to come home with a cute little bundle in pink......this time, if I play my cards right, I'll be bringing home a kidney-shaped "spittle" bowl!

As a matter of formality, I had to have a pregnancy test this week! I'm not sure if you would say I passed or I failed....all I know is that my friend was relieved that she didn't have to make a baby quilt for me! And I will not make it into the Guinness Book of World records for being the oldest, pregnant human being.

My husband, Joe, is going to make the best domestic diva for the next couple of weeks. I'll be in good hands between Joe, our children and our friends. As soon as I'm able, we are headed to the cabin for my recuperation. The cabin is all on one level so I won't have to deal with stairs. I'm sure once I'm home from the hospital, the stairs leading to my sewing room will resemble a climb up Mount Everest! Does anyone know of a Sherpa that can transport me up the stairs on a yak?

So my blogging friends, say a pray for the surgeon for a steady hand and nice, even little applique stitches. While you are at it, throw in a good thought for me too.

Soon,

Lynn

3 comments:

  1. Lynn,
    You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Think about all those quilts and have restful thoughts. You'll be back in your sewing room before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Healing thoughts covered with love are being sent to you! Take it calmly and ask that everyone in the surgical suite before they put you out say a positive prayer for you!

    ReplyDelete