Sunday, February 7, 2010

Party in the Garden Blocks

Hello Everyone,

Are you wondering where I've been for the last week? Well, I've been up at the cabin without my camera! There were so many things that I wanted to photograph and blog about, but without a camera it seemed pointless. You know what they say about a picture and a 1,000 words.

It was very pleasant to be surrounded by snow while working on blocks for the Spring. It makes your heart happy to know that Spring is just around the corner....after we get past this groundhog shadow sighting!


I'm still in love with English paper-piecing. The fourteen blocks are almost complete. I'll finish the rest of them while watching the Olympics.

I love the winter Olympics! I even love to watch the Curling event! We went for years without a television at the cabin.....until the Olympics rolled around. We were going to be at the cabin during the finals for figure skating. So, go figure, we purchased a small television. We didn't have cable, but we had rabbit ears that worked quite well and we had reception for three channels.







Over time, a larger television and cable took the place of the small one with the rabbit ears. I guess we are really coming up in the world.....or are we? Without the television we played more games, started and finished more puzzles, books, and quilts, spent more time outdoors, and conversed more.

Sad to say, the television is here to stay. I just need to make a conscience effort to keep it turned OFF.....except for the Olympics of course!

Hope you all enjoy your day.

As always,
Lynn


1 comment:

  1. Your blocks are gorgeous. I know what you mean about the t.v. We have a houseboat and don't have a t.v. which is really a nice change of pace. I tend to read more. I'm looking forward to watching the winter olympics also. Have fun.
    Chris

    ReplyDelete