Friday, January 15, 2010

Quilting at the Cabin

Hello Friends!



Isn't it wonderful news that In Between Stitches was selected by American Patchwork and Quilting for the Spring Sampler magazine! We are all so excited and happy for Melissa, Leslie and the shop. You can bet there will be a big celebration when the magazine hits the newsstand!

I've been pretty quiet lately. Not everyday is "blogworthy". We came up to the cabin on Wednesday so we could attend the Homeowners Association pot luck dinner down at Snowflake Lodge. We spent a fun evening chatting with our tablemates. It is inspiring to spend an evening with couples in their late 70's and early 80's. Their life stories flowed throughout the evening. We can all learn so much from these active, vibrant, and just plain good people. We also chatted with another attendee who is 75 and still skis four days a week at Bear Valley! She puts me to shame! I get winded walking around the neighborhood!

I don't ski, don't care to ski....I don't do well with anything on my feet other than shoes! Forget ice skates or roller skates....that's a whole story in itself that I'll save for another post.

So, this is what I've been working on for the past couple of days. I'm naming this quilt Heartfire. The center medallions dance across the quilt. I'll start attaching the setting triangles tonight and try to get the whole thing together tomorrow....maybe. I haven't quite decided what French General fabric I want to put on the borders. Wait until you see the French General Christmas fabric! I know, I know, I just said the Christmas word....but it's never to early to start planning those projects! Okay, so I'll just concentrate on getting this quilt done for Valentine's Day.



I love these blocks. They went together quickly and every single one of them are different and have their own personality.

I'll be kitting this up at the shop soon if you are interested. Now I have to work on the directions for the pattern. I would rather make the quilt five more times than get the pattern pulled together. I take good notes while I'm working on the quilt. It's just difficult to translate the notes into clear and concise directions. I do all my own graphics and they take me awhile to create.

I know when I've been at the computer or the sewing machine too long when Zinny comes over and drops her ball at my feet. She knows when it's "chucker" time and off we go to get some exercise.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone. Try to get to the shop to take advantage of the celebration "sale" tomorrow. I'll be spending my day at the sewing machine in the cabin creating new patterns for you to make!

As always,

Lynn and Zinny (it's "chucker" time)



No comments:

Post a Comment