Thursday, November 12, 2009

Quilting and Cooking at the Cabin

Dear Blossom of Friendship Followers,

It's show and tell time this rainy, cold morning at the cabin. No snow for us yet, only a few drizzles and dripping downspouts.

This is my friend Kaaren displaying a beautiful quilt that she finished recently. The back of the quilt was just as attractive as the front.




In September at PIQF (Pacific International Quilt Festival) in Santa Clara, Kaaren took a class from Marjan Kluepfel, a fabric artist and quilt instructor. Check out her website at: http://www.marjankluepfel.com/ Kaaren's fabric selection was absolutely fabulous. Love, love, love the color combinations she selected. She also machine quilted this beauty. Each and every leaf is machine quilted!



No evening at the cabin is complete without food. Kaaren and I are making homemade pasta from scratch while our husbands Clint and Joe are looking on. Joe and I met Kaaren and Clint over an appetizer dish of marinated cheese at the Blue Lake Springs homeowners association pot luck dinner. Our table had three Bingo winners that evening! Must have been the cheese!


Those of you that have taken a class from me at In Between Stitches recognize my pasta dryer that I use to display fabric strips while quilting. This is the ultimate in dual-purpose gadgets!


Remember the delicious Stone Cottage fabric?



I hope everyone has wonderful week quilting.

As always,
Lynn

3 comments:

  1. Yeah Lynn! thank you so much for showing my handiwork. I feel so special being included on your blog.

    I learned of a new shop in Minden, and went there twice....... leaving at least half a month's salary behing. I can't wait to show you what I bought! xo, Kaaren

    ReplyDelete
  2. I visited that shop when we were on our way to Sisters Oregon for that great outdoor quilt show in 2002... Great down Minden is too. We loved the little shop and came away with our bags full...
    Love the great pictures of the pasta being made what a warm feeling and fun too, I'll bet all snug and cooking. Thanks for sharing...
    Crissie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog and your patterns. I've started at the first post and am getting caught up to date quickly! If you could share the details about your pasta rack I would really appreciate it. I've been searching for something similar and can't find one. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete