Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

Good Morning Everyone,

I'm always looking for new brunch recipes to make for company at the cabin. I found this recipe for Puff Pancakes in a book called "Cooking in the Litchfield Hills."





I was a little concerned that the altitude would have an adverse effect on the "puff", but as you can see they "puffed" nicely. Add a few fresh strawberries and powdered sugar and you have a fabulous breakfast. The combination of nutmeg and orange juice are just delightful and your kitchen will smell oh so yummy.

Here's the recipe:

6 eggs
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup milk
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup orange juice
2 teaspoons grated orange peel
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
4 tablespoons butter
Fresh berries
Powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place first 8 ingredients in blender and mix well. Put 1 tablespoon butter into each of 4 one-cup ramekins. Place in hot oven just long enough to melt butter. Pour batter into each hot ramekin and bake 20 minutes. When done, remove and cool 5 minutes or until puffs fall. Place berries on top and sift sugar over them. Makes 4 servings.

I'm always looking for good brunch recipes to prepare for company. If any of you would like to send me a recipe, I'd love to receive it! I'll make it and post pictures on the blog site. My email address is: patched55@comcast.net

I hope everyone enjoys the day.

As always,

Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment